Terms of Business
Foreign tax and duty charges:
Orders shipped outside of the United Kingdom may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country. All customs, duties and taxes are to be paid by the recipient. In addition, if shipments are refused by recipient, return shipping charges will be incurred. Original shipping charges will not be refunded. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates.
1. All prices shall be those ruling at the time of despatch of goods. Descriptions and prices shown in this Price List are correct at the time of going to press, but are subject to alteration without prior notice to the Customer.
2. Our standard policy is one of continuous improvement which means that specifications will change and new products will be added from time to time. All descriptions and illustrations of goods in any catalogue, brochure, price list or in any other document provided by us are intended for general guidance only and do not form part of any contract between you and us. We accept no liability for any error or omissions in such documents and cannot be liable in any circumstances for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on such descriptions or illustrations.
3. F. Phillips & Co. Office Supplies Ltd. (Trading as Phillips Business Solutions) will establish the prices to be charged to the Customer for the products from time to time as it thinks fit.
4. The customer shall make payment in full without any deduction or withholding whatsoever on any account within by the end of month following invoice.
5. If payment is not received in full when due, Phillips Business Solutions reserve the right to charge interest on the unpaid amount which is 5% (per cent) above the National Westminster Bank PLC base lending rate from time to time.
6. Phillips Business Solutions reserve the right to withhold further credit without prior notice if our standard nett monthly terms are not honoured.
7. All delivery and installation dates are estimates and Phillips Business Solutions shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expenses suffered by the Customer or any other person or company howsoever arising whether directly or indirectly out of any failure to meet any estimated delivery or installation date.
8. Phillips Business Solutions reserve the right to make delivery by installments. Where delivery is by installments, each installment shall be deemed to be sold as part of an entire contract and not under a separate contract for each installment.
9. The Customer shall inspect the Goods immediately upon delivery and shall within 2 (two) days of such delivery communicate any discrepancy or damage stating date of receipt and delivery advice number.
10. Any of the Goods in respect of which the Customer makes a claim hereunder shall be preserved by the Customer intact as delivered and at its risk for a period of 21 (Twenty one) days from notification of the claim within which time Phillips Business Solutions or its authorised agent shall have the right to investigate the complaint and inspect the Goods. All original packings should be retained until inspection by Phillips Business Solutions or its duly authorised agent.
11. There is a minimum order value of £20.00 (twenty pounds) excluding VAT.
12. Upon delivery, the Goods shall be at the Customers risk. Goods will be delivered to the delivery address supplied by you. You are considered to have given authority to accept a delivery on your behalf to any person who actually accepts delivery at the delivery address. If we or the goods carrier cannot deliver to the delivery address then we may either store the goods and deliver at a later date, or return the goods to stock and deliver similar goods later.
13. The Customer may sell the Goods by way of bona fide sale in the ordinary course of business on its standard terms and conditions but may not otherwise deal with, sell, part with possession of, change the character of, convert or otherwise dispose of or handle any of the Goods sold here under until title therein has passed to the customer in accordance with paragraph 18.
14. Phillips Business Solutions expressly excludes to the extent permitted by Law any liability (arising in contract or in tort howsoever otherwise arising for consequential loss) arising from fire, accident, industrial dispute, civil disturbance or any other act or accidental default interfering with the manufacture despatch or delivery of the goods and beyond the control of Phillips Business Solutions.
15. Phillips Business Solutions reserve the right to amend our terms of business without prior notice.
16. Phillips Business Solutions failure to insist upon a strict performance of these Conditions shall not be deemed to be a waiver of its rights and remedies or a waiver by it of subsequent default by the Customer in their performance or compliance with any terms of these conditions.
17. The Customer shall pay Value Added Tax or similar taxes, levies or duties charged upon the purchase price.
18. The legal and beneficial ownership of the goods shall remain vested in Phillips Business Solutions until payment of the full purchase price and VAT thereon shall have been received by Phillips Business Solutions.
19. These terms and Conditions of Sale shall in all respects be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.